Learn about Java Programming Language | Java
The popularity of Java and the demand for skilled Java Developers has increased over the years. Leading to the average IT enthusiasts to atleast attempt to learn about Java Programming Language.
In simple terms, a programming language allows us to communicate with a computer. We give instructions to the computer using programming language, that computer understands and performs the given task.
There are more than 600 programming languages, each having a syntax, text editor, compiler/interpreter, and applications too. You can visit “The Hello World Collection” to get an idea, how to write “Hello World” in 591 different programming languages.
Java Programming language
Java was developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems. It was publically introduced in 1995. Now, Java is owned and maintained by Oracle.
It is used by:
- Organizations related to education, health, finance, and communication areas.
- Major companies like eBay and Eclipse Information Technologies.
- Industries like Cloud Computing, Enterprise Architecture, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Why is it important to learn?
Java is used to develop:
- Mobile apps.
- Video games.
- Enterprise-level applications.
- Web-based applications.
- When used online, it allows applets to be downloaded and perform certain functionality.
- Software that has been written in java are: Eclipse, Open Office, Adobe Creative Suit and Lotus Notes.
- Mainly used to develop Android applications.
- General purpose, concurrent, class-based and object-oriented
- Gives application portability
- Interpreted language
- Has an extensive network library
- Memory management is expensive
- It limits the creation of high-quality data structures due to the absence of templates
Popular Forums to join
- Java Community Space
- Stack Overflow
Top Employer Salaries for Java
An average estimation of Java employees in overall Industry
Market share of Java in United Kingdom
Top 5 popular skills for Java Developers
Salary by Experience for Java Developers
Growth of Java Language over the past 5 years
Popular Certification for Java
If you want to Learn about Java Programming Language, then you should consider doing a Java Certification. It includes Java SE training and certification by Oracle University for beginners to advanced java developers.
This course covers language core concepts such as constructs and data types, modular programming, secure codding, and convenient methods, etc.
This certification is a validation of your skills, practices, and experience. You can easily show employers how you have prepared yourself for the job.
Future of Java Programming Language
Java will continue a very good future in Enterprise and Middleware Software industries. Special purpose software like CRM, cloud internal software, and IDM have been developed using java. Since it takes years to build them, and thus they will continue to use java in a big way.
However, to enter into big companies, you have to be very good at software basics. These companies pay well and that’s why the average salary of a java developer is very high.
There has been a lack of talented programmers in the market, and will be, in the coming years. The knowledge and work experience in Java programming language can open many doors for developers.
This language will continue to remain at the top for software development and in the coming years, Java will grow faster.
Read about other programming languages:
Subscribe to FinsliQ Blog:
If you have enjoyed and find our blogs informative, then please support the platform by subscribing to our daily newsletters. Benefits of becoming a subscriber:
- Get daily updates with the latest blogs/article
- New updates within the same subject area are release every day (release dates can be found next to the link in the blog)
- Stay up to date with the latest Tech news
- Variety of different types of blogs
Visit FinsliQ | Tech Academy. A variety of course are available in cloud computing, Dev-ops, Cloud Architecture, Cyber Security and much more.