Learn about Swift Programming Language
It is important to learn about Swift Programming Language first before undertaking any classroom training with the intent to get the certification.
The Powerful Programming Language for Mac OS, IOS and OS X apps
Swift was introduced at Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) in 2014. It is based on the Objective C programming language. Its newest version, Swift 2, was released in 2015 as open-source.
It is used by:
- Software developers, Data engineers, IOS application developers and Swift platform developers.
- Industries including Engineering, Design, Information Technology
- Big Organizations like Apple, Playlist Media, Dow Jones and Slack
Why is it important to learn?
- Using swift language, Dow Jones organization is rewriting sections of its app named “Wall Street Journal”.
- Getty Images organization built its app for consumer-facing and Streaming.
- It is mainly used by Software developers to develop apps for OS X and IOS.
- Swift is easy and also fun to learn.
- Its syntax is concise and expressive.
- It is ideal to write production-ready code.
- It supports “Playgrounds”, a feature that allows programmers to see immediate results.
- It is safer and faster.
- Swift programming language is quite young. There are many issues that need to be fixed.
- It has limited talented pool. Although Swift community is growing fast but it is much smaller as compared to other open source language.
- It can be used to develop applications that run on IOS 7 or later. It does not support earlier IOS versions.
Popular Forums to Join
- Swift Language Google Groups
- Stack Overflow
Growth of Swift over past 5 years
Job vacancy Trend for Apple Swift
Top 5 popular skills for IOS Developers
Salary by experience for IOS Developers
Market Share of Apple IOS in U.K
Popular Certification for Swift
after you learn about Swift Programming Language in theory you should be ready to undertake training and the certification.
IT certification firm Certiport announced App development with Swift course in collaboration with Apple in 2018.
Apple engineers and educators have created this program to validate students for market. Some of the world’s most popular apps have built using swift language. This certification will give students a confidence to move on and built their career in Apple Swift programming language.
Future of Swift Programming Language
Only Apple can say what the plan is for swift language, but the fact is: in coming years the language will be more mature. It’s an open source, received a lot of help from outside community to grow.
Since Apple is pushing Swift for iPhone development, and so long as they are selling iPhones, Swift is the future for mobile development. For the next 10 to 15 years, the main languages for mobile development will be Java, Swift and one or two newer entrants.
Read about other programming languages:
Subscribe to FinsliQ Blog:
If you have enjoyed and find our blogs informative, then please support the platform by subscribing to our daily newsletters. Benefits of becoming a subscriber:
- Get daily updates with the latest blogs/article
- New updates within the same subject area are release every day (release dates can be found next to the link in the blog)
- Stay up to date with the latest Tech news
- Variety of different types of blogs
Visit FinsliQ | Tech Academy. A variety of course are available in cloud computing, Dev-ops, Cloud Architecture, Cyber Security and much more.