Programming Languages for Blockchain Development
Programming Languages for Blockchain Development. Blockchain technology has caught the eye of techies around the world. It was invented by an anonymous programmer (maybe a group of programmers) named Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009.
Now, it has evolved into something greater but still developing. The first question arises in everyone’s mind is: What is Blockchain Technology?
- A Blockchain is a kind of spreadsheet that contains information about transactions.
- A Technology that has no central authority. You are the boss of your money. You can transfer amount to anyone without going through bank.
- A digital world where hackers’ attack is almost impossible due to strong features (i.e. cryptographic hash function).
- All the Financial systems including banks cut a small amount from your money on the name of service charges. As Blockchain technology model transfers and stores money free of cost, all the financial institutions may go bankrupt.
- Currency that flows in a Blockchain network is called Bitcoin (also called crypto currency). No authority can impose transaction fee on Bitcoin.
- You can buy Bitcoin from money exchangers; can spend them to buy goods and services. But it’s a digital currency with no physical existence.
- Applications that run on a Blockchain network are called Decentralized Apps (dApps).
Blockchain Developers in demand
Blockchain developers are highly in demand. There is an increase of 517% in the demand of blockchain engineers in 2019 as compared to previous years.
There are more than 4,065 blockchain jobs listing on LinkedIn and 5,711 jobs listing on Glassdoor.
Before starting Blockchain development, you must have:
- Strong knowledge of blockchain basics, popular platforms and its characteristics.
- Awareness of points of failure in overall network
- Strong background in networking, web development and security
- Command in blockchain programming languages
- Good knowledge of crypto currency
12 Programming Languages for Blockchain Applications Development
Here is a list of Programming Languages that are popular with blockchain applications development.
Solidity Programming Language
It is the first Blockchain programming language that one should learn. Most popular features of Solidity that facilitate blockchain development are:
- Developer Friendly
- Precise and Accurate
- Accessibility to debuggers and other tools
Python Programming Language
Python is not only used in servers’ development of networks, it is also used to develop IoT applications and dApps.
As Blockchain is based on decentralized network model, python facilitates to develop dApps (i.e. applications that run on decentralized network or blockchain network).
Python is popular with blockchain development due to following reasons:
- It is easy to learn
- It’s an open source language
- It is efficient for prototyping
Java Programming Language
Java is a popular language for Android app development. It is also used to develop dApps due to its following features:
- It supports Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- It facilitates memory cleanup
This language, in the form of frameworks like Node.js, is popular for a wide variety of apps including gaming applications.
It also facilitates blockchain development due to following reasons:
- Easy integration of respective resources
C++ Programming Language
C++ is the best language to develop crypto currency like Bitcoin. It is highly used in blockchain development due to following features:
- It gives compile time polymorphism for enhanced performance
- It gives ease of running parallel and non-parallel threads
- It gives memory control
- It gives efficient CPU management
C# Programming Language
This language was developed as a substitute of Java. It is highly used to develop cross-platforms, cloud and enterprise apps.
It is highly recommended for blockchain development because:
- It combines the features of C, SQL and .Net Frameworks
- It’s an open source language by Microsoft
- It is efficient and easy to learn
PHP Programming Language
It is used by mobile application development companies for creating solutions to different problems.
PHP is recommended for blockchain development due to its following features:
- It offers Object Oriented Programming features
- It’s an open-source language
- It is used to create solutions to different blockchain problems
Go Programming language
Golang is the top blockchain programming language due to following reasons:
- It is user friendly and flexible
- It gives scalability
Ruby programming Language
Ruby is highly recommended by Asian developers for blockchain applications development due to following reasons:
- It allows developers to use third party API or plugins
- It gives an opportunity to mix its features with any other programming language for enhanced platform
- It is general purpose programming language
Simplicity Programming Language
It is a High-Level blockchain programming language that hits in market in November 2017.
Simplicity is recommended for blockchain codding due to following reasons:
- Highly mathematical in nature
- Easy and efficient
SQL Programming Language
IBM designed SQL for databases. It is considered top blockchain language because:
- It is easy and efficient, gives faster communication with databases like MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server.
- It gives secure and effective solutions in blockchain model
Rust Programming Language
Rust is popular with blockchain development due to following reasons:
- It gives code optimization
- It gives a chance to create effective blockchain frameworks
Popular Blockchain Platforms
Blockchain Codding Challenges for Developers
Three main challenges in blockchain codding:
In a blockchain network, code is public and open for all to see. Any smart hacker can trace the encrypted patterns and can get millions and millions of dollars if you apply weak security techniques.
Blockchain network must perform at its highest capabilities.
- Resource Management
You should be expert and well equipped to handle local and remote queries.
Blockchain market continues to grow rapidly over the next years. It is here to stay.
Larger number of people will begin to use crypto currency.
For blockchain application development, developers can go with any popular language like Java, C#, C++ etc. Specific languages like Simplicity and Solidity have also been created. These have made cryptocurrency development a smooth and efficient process.
Subscribe to FinsliQ Blog:
If you have enjoyed and find our blogs informative, then please support the platform by subscribing to our daily newsletters. Benefits of becoming a subscriber:
- Get daily updates with the latest blogs/article
- New updates within the same subject area are release every day (release dates can be found next to the link in the blog)
- Stay up to date with the latest Tech news
- Variety of different types of blogs
Visit FinsliQ | Tech Academy. A variety of course are available in cloud computing, Dev-ops, Cloud Architecture, Cyber Security and much more.